Friday 23 May 2014

CSI 123 Angel Fire Inspiration

I don't get to play with the CSI Challenges often as I don't scrap until Friday night and the challenge is almost finished. I just loved the inspiration this week and made sure I made the time to get it done. The colours were the first attraction but I love the ethereal suggestion in the face and the softened dragon in the background.
I love butterflies and in the past 5 years they have become more important; Irish legend tells us that butterflies are the souls of the dead come back to visit us. I found after losing my son that if I was having a bad day I was sure to see an orange and black butterfly, sometimes totally out of place for the expected. I was walking through my city one day in an area that is all concrete and brick building, busy roads and railways with very little parkland; I was feeling low and struggling with my day and out of nowhere one of these butterflies flew close to my head and almost lit on my shoulder and then totally disappeared. Legend or not, it's visit lifted my spirits and got me through the day. It is not the first time it has happened and I truly hope it is not the last!
Thank you for looking and any comments you may leave, best wishes.

The image is from Google Images.

1 comment:

  1. i love this
    love the rosebud cluster and the masking
    such a beautiful soft and whimsical page.

    ReplyDelete