Thursday 21 February 2013

Flying Unicorn In the Pink Challenge - February

The challenge was for 75% pink on the page; the only problem is that with four son's, four daughter's in law who never wear pink and one little granddaughter who is rarely dressed in pink it left the field a little tight and I had very little paper with pink in it! I will have to submit with 75% pink flowers!
I used to work with this young ladies' Dad; he is extremely proud of his long awaited daughter and was always showing us photos of her. When I became a DT member for my local scrap store they would often challenge me with feminine colours and I would 'borrow' photos of his little girl to scrap. When I stepped down from the Design Team I gifted all my layouts and off the page pieces to the family. Several years have passed and my colleague moved on to another company; a few weeks ago I received an email with his daughters' graduation photos attached under the title "my little girl is growing up'. Indeed she has, she is a beautiful young lady and a credit to her parents; their long awaited dream is a reality. I thank them for entrusting me with this and several other photos that just may appear over the next several months.
Thank you for looking and any comments you may leave, kind regards
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely to scrap such a feminine layout! I love the back ground papers and the pink flower at the front is stunning.. love the flourishes too.. I am sure they will adore this beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! I love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful lovely details greetings janneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyond gorgeous Susan :) Truly beautiful and so is that very special young lady :)I love how you "just made a plan" despite the "pink" problem. That is what I love about scrapping...there's always a way to solve the problem and your pink flowers are gorgeous :)x

    ReplyDelete