Friday 13 April 2012

Introducing - my husband

We met at a Benedictine Monastery about 130kms north east of Perth in the small country town of New Norcia established by the monks about 160 years ago. He was a guest of my uncle who was attending a Catholic Policeman’s picnic and I was with my family heading north after holidaying with my grandmother. I was 14 and he was 15.
We started dating when I was 16, married when I was 21 and last weekend we celebrated 34 years of marriage. I am truly blessed to have this lovely, tall, handsome, quiet, committed and conservative man at my side. We have been through so much together; he has supported me in so many ways. He has a quiet way of letting me know I am asking too much or expecting too little. I come home to cooked meals, clean floors and bathrooms and washing on the line. We don’t celebrate Valentines Day on February 14; I receive these gifts of love many times in a single week and throughout the year.
He has helped me raise tall, good looking (they take after their Dad!) competent young men who are a credit to themselves, their parents and their community and who now have wives and families of their own whom they treat with the respect that they have learnt from their Dad.
He is my prince, my rock and even after all these years, I still consider myself the luckiest girl in the world as he has chosen me to share his life.
Thank you for looking and for any comments you may leave, best wishes.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful sentiments about your life partner. It is rare these days to hear people speak so lovingly about their partners. You inspire me to make it to 34 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words about your husband make me teary eyed and mushy, there is no doubt ever how much you two love each other! Have to read it again, so beautiful and so loving. Mwah! xoxo Eila

    ReplyDelete